Friday, July 25, 2008

Sidewalk Sales weekend!!



Today started the annual Sidewalk Sales, (some say it was held the same weekend as Regatta so the wives had something to do!), one of my favorite weekends of the year! I get downtown about 8 am or earlier, shop and find the great bargains, and then head home for the rest of the day while my Sweet Hubby goes to work. (He usually takes the morning off so I can shop!) The streets are closed off entirely and are filled with tents and tables and merchandise and People! By 10 am, there are hundreds of people downtown. I have a few stores that I hit first, before all the great deals are gone. Then, I wander around the streets and look for any thing that catches my eye or would be great for a Christmas present or something. Lots of fun and lots of work for the store owners, but they really like having a LOT of people downtown shopping. People come from all over for this weekend, maybe you should sometime!

No comments: