Monday, May 19, 2008

The best bookstore around anywhere!


What goes better with coffee than a book? I can't think of anything (except maybe a pain au chocolat -- a chocolate filled croissant). This is McLean and Eakin, my favorite bookstore. Also locally owned, they have an award winning children's section and it is just a great place to hang out. They used to have a big cushy chair in the window that you could sit and read in. I did that one afternoon and scared quite a few people when I moved! Petoskey is a small town, but it has a GREAT bookstore! And, it is very conveniently located right next to Roast and Toast! Check them out at www.mcleanandeakin.com.

6 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

Plenty of local ownership is key to a great town, don't you think? I've never been to Petoskey, but it sounds like my kind of place.

So glad you and Kelly got a chance to meet. I'm very familiar with Geneva; it's about 30 miles from where I grew up in DeKalb. A wonderful part of the world.

ft. lauderdale daily photo said...

Nothing is better than an independent store of any type. I would be there in a second, and of course, I would purchase something.

[G@ttoGiallo] said...

Long life to your new Daily Pic !

Alexa said...

Christie -- good for you. What you've chosen to show so far says as much about you as it does about your charming town -- all good, of course!

Bettina said...

I really like your photos Christie.
Your little town looks very charming.
I hope you'll keep up the good work, so the rest of us can enjoy your daily photo(s).
BTW I LOVE your jewellery, I think yor're very talented. I would like to buy some one day.

Ineke said...

Hi there, welcome to the DP family :)
Always nice to add a new member. Greetings from the other side of the ocean: Rotterdam in the Netherlands.