Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday Special--Two for 1 (posts)


In our modest and informal survey of the best tomato soups in Petoskey, we (my husband and I, at least) declare this soup from Julienne Tomatoes the winner! It is their Tomato Gorgonzola, a vegetarian selection that is one of the two Wednesday soups. It is a light creamy tomato soup with chunks of gorgonzola. I have never liked tomato soup in my life, but this one has changed my mind. Lovely!

Julienne Tomatoes also has great sandwiches--my favorites are the Grilled Ham and Brie with cranberry (*YUM*), the Cornwell's Roast Beef with creamy horseradish and provolone, and the Robyn's Reuben with coleslaw instead of saurkraut. If you have a chance, try them all! They use local ingredients whenever possible and have one of the best reputations in town. It is a great place -- go check it out!

2 comments:

Jim Broumley said...

That soup looks delicious! We're planning on moving to the area this fall. Where exactly is this restaurant?

My wife and I really enjoy your photos. ;-)

Jim
www.rovinghistorian.com

Christie said...

Julienne Tomatoes is located in downtown Petoskey on Howard Street, one block over from Pennsylvania Park. The Chamber of Commerce is on the corner of the park, right in the middle of downtown and there are maps posted as well. I hope you have a smooth move here and enjoy it!